Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Together Again!






It's been a really long time since I posted anything, but I thought I'd close out this chapter in our lives. Gary is finally home, arrived on May 21st, much earlier than we expected, only a few days shy of 13 months. The kids and I had to drive to Norfolk, Va to pick him up (Boo!), but it was a great reunion (Yay!)! We stayed a couple of days in Virginia Beach to just enjoy some alone time together and we even went to the Pungo Strawberry Festival. It feels so good to be a family again! Although I know I can do it on my own, having Gary home to be a husband and father is all I will ever need. But as with the life of a military family, we hit the ground running - Gary is PCSing and is going to schools before finally reporting to U.S. Northern Command in November. We are already packed, moved, and have our home in Colorado Springs, Colorado and are ready for a brand new adventure! Please continue to keep the families and service members who are still serving in combat in your prayers.

1 comment:

Alice said...

hi amanda, thanks so much for blogging! I love your updates! :)